As we discussed in one of our last blogs, mold is nothing to mess around with. When you notice mold in your home or even suspect that there may be mold developing in an out of sight location, it is imperative that you contact AG Restoration, Inc., your local source for mold remediation in Chicago.
Not only can mold be damaging to your health, but the longer it sits and develops, the more costly it will be to have the mold removed and remediated. Because of this, it is important to call a provider of emergency restoration services right away. In fact, if you believe that your home may have mold or issues that could later contribute to mold, we urge you to contact us right away here at AG Restoration, Inc. We would be happy to discuss your situation, as well as schedule a time for one of our Chicago mold remediation specialists to come to visit your home for an inspection.
While you likely already know from reading our blogs that it is imperative to contact our Chicago mold remediation team when you find mold in your home, you might be less likely to know how to identify if you have a mold issue present. In today’s blog post we will be discussing a few of the telltale signs and situations that might suggest that you are currently having a mold issue.
The Telltale Signs Of Mold Growth
While it is most common for homeowners to discover that they have a mold issue by physically finding the area of growth, mold can actually be hidden quite some time before you even sense its presence. But what are some of the most common signs?
- Odor – Arguably the most common sign of mold growth in homes is the smell. Mold odor is pungent, making it common to smell it far before you can see it. If you ever smell mold in your home, don’t ignore it until you can see it. Instead, be sure to contact a Chicago mold remediation crew right away to find the source of the smell.
- Water Lines – If you see water lines on your floor, on the wall, or anywhere else in your home. A water line suggests that there was standing water at one point in time, meaning that mold has already begun to develop.
- You Simply See It – Needless to say, most people know what mold looks like, and if you see a large amount of mold, you are already well past the stage of preventative measures. Instead, it is time to contact your local emergency restoration services crew for an evaluation of the extent of mold damage in your home.
What Are Some Common Causes For Mold Development?
As you likely already know or have begun to gather as a result of today’s blog, the growth of mold is heavily associated with water. It is a common misconception among homeowners, however, that mold requires standing water to develop. So how exactly does mold develop in homes?
- Water Leaks – As we just said, most homeowners associate mold growth with standing water, when in reality, it is more common to see mold growth as a result of a slow plumbing leak. It is not uncommon for plumbing systems to fail, as a result of age or malfunction, leaking small amounts of water into the wall, or cabinet that it is housed in. A leak over time can be dangerous, resulting in the entire wall or cabinet becoming in need of mold removal and remediation.
- Standing Water – While it as not as common as some homeowners think, flooding and standing water can often time lead to the development of mold. If the water is not drained quickly, or if the building materials that it rested upon are porous, it is likely that mold will develop quickly.
- Condensation – While people associate mold with water, whether it be from a leak or a natural water event, people often overlook the important role that humidity and condensation play in mold development. Keeping your basement, or home, from becoming too humid could save you from calling us for mold treatment and mold abatement later.
Contact AG Restoration, Inc. For Chicago Mold Remediation
At AG Restoration, Inc. we understand the damages to your home that can occur as a result of mold damage. Because of this, we insist that you contact us right away if you believe that your home has, or could have, mold developing so that we can ensure that the mold is remediated before the damages become even worse. Our team of property restoration professionals has the experience, tools, and knowledge to get your home back to normal as fast as possible — because we know how hectic home restoration projects can be.
Be sure to contact us today for more information on our mold remediation and restoration services today!