Sometimes disaster strikes when you least expect it. A flash flood may have torn through your home, or a pipe may have burst, but all that matters now is that there is that you have a small pond in your living room. If you currently have standing water in your home, it is imperative that you contact our team of water damage restoration specialists. If you have gotten rid of the standing water and are now left with its aftermath, contact our team or mold remediation experts.
When you have standing water in your home or business, it is likely that mold is already beginning to grow — and once mold begins to grow, it usually doesn’t stop. In today’s blog post we are going to discuss mold, what it is, why it is important to get rid of it, and how we get rid of it.
What Is Mold?
Everybody knows what mold is! Yeah, you know — that black stuff that grows on old bread? While most people think they know what mold is, they simply know what mold looks like and does, so we would like to briefly go over what mold really is. Mold, as defined by Wikipedia is “a fungus that grows in the form of multicellular filaments called hyphae.” As with most fungi, there are likely thousands of different variations of mold, but they all share one thing in common — they grow best in warm, damp, and humid conditions. But why is mold bad in your home?
Effects Of Mold
Molds affects everyone in different ways, and no two people will have the exact same reaction to mold. That being said, some of the more common symptoms that people experience when they are exposed to mold are a stuffy nose, wheezing, itchy red eyes, and itchy skin. For people with respiratory issues like asthma, reactions to mold spores can become even more intense. Mold can also affect your body physically, as it can lead to the development of asthma and mold infections. Luckily, there are ways to ensure that you will not become sick from mold.
What You Get When You Contact AG Restoration, Inc.
So, back to the beginning. You have recently had standing water in your home or business, and with every moment the mold begins to grow more — further manifesting itself. Because mold grows fast, it is important to contact mold removal specialists like us here at AG Restoration, Inc. Our team of Chicago mold remediation specialists will come to your home or business and rid it of the mold before it spreads to other rooms of the house. Below, we have outlined the process of mold remediation so that you might have a better idea of just what it is that we do in the property restoration industry.
- Initial Inspection & Assessment – Before we start any mold treatment process we inspect the damaged location, determining the extent of the damage and the size of the project. Doing so allows us to bring the correct tools for the job.
- Containment – Once we have inspected the mold treatment area we begin the mold abatement process by making sure that the spores won’t spread to other rooms in your home or business.
- Air Filtration – After the room has been quarantined, we can begin to treat the room by filtering the air. This is an effective mold treatment strategy, as it removes all of the spores from the air so that they cannot move through the property.
- Mold Removal – Once the air is clean, the mold abatement process progresses to physically removing the affected surfaces that actively have mold growing on them.
- Cleaning – Once the mold has been taken out of the air and affected surfaces have been removed, our mold specialists will clean and sanitize all remaining surfaces to ensure that any spores that have been left behind are dealt with.
- Restoration – Ah, the last step! Once the mold remediation process has been completed, it is time for us to do what we do best — get your home looking good as new again.
Let’s Get Started Today!
Every moment that you let that mold fester, it becomes harder to get out, so contact us today and let us take care of the rest. Your home is your place to relax, and your business is your place to… well, do business. So don’t wait for a second longer, let us get your property back to the way it should be. Contact us today if you have any questions or get in touch with us for a mold remediation quote.